Highmark Health Job Description : JOB SUMMARY
If you love data, content design and personalization is your jam! You have worked with many Design Systems and believe that the UI's main purpose is to help the users navigate, find and consume the content they are looking for Please keep reading.
We are looking for a highly ambitious, energetic, and experienced Design Manager to help us build and lead our "Shopping" Experiences Design team so that we can deliver best-in-class healthcare digital experiences for millions of users.
The Design Manager will mentor a team of UX designers, Researchers and UX Writers while setting standards, frameworks, guidelines and governance to help us delight the Discover, Consider and Purchase phases of our customers' journey.
As a Design Leader, you will partner with Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, Writers and Business stakeholders at the enterprise level and leverage your knowledge of human behaviors and habits to create seamless and natural user experiences across our acquisition platforms.
This will be a remote-friendly role, with the freedom to set your own work-from-home schedule. When safe and within reason, there will be times where the team will meet onsite in Pittsburgh, PA. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with key stakeholders at all levels to understand business objectives and guide User Experience (UX) design teams in developing customer-centric digital solutions that meet those business objectives for multiple customers, including members, shoppers, producers, employers, and visitors.Facilitate understanding of business requirements through planning, execution, and documentation of design research deliverables including personas, user stories, journey maps, etc.
- Develops, evolves, and communicates UX strategies, standards, processes, and best practices. This includes creating, socializing and implementing design patterns and digital UI/UX/Visual standards, working with IT to "codify" design patterns/widgets, monitoring industry trends and competitive trends, and establishing governance over design practices. Presents to and educates senior executives on UX strategy and tactics.
- Works closely with Market Research, agencies, and other internal stakeholders to set KPIs, test digital designs, and measure success. Ensures a test-and-learn approach related to digital design, serving as an internal spokesperson for iterative human-centered design practices and ongoing monitoring and measurement.
- Lead and contribute to the planning, execution, and documentation of interaction design and information architecture deliverables such as site maps, workflows, user interaction models, low- through high-fidelity prototypes, mockups, and other necessary visual assets. Oversees partners delivering UX design on Highmark's behalf and ensures adherence to overarching UX strategies and digital patterns.
- Evaluates new software or technology capabilities, assesses vendor solutions, creates and manages ongoing partnerships with third parties such as digital agencies, software vendors, BCBSA, and other key vendors.
- Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Design/Fine Arts, Psychology or closely-related field
- Six (6) years relevant work experience
Preferred WORK EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years' experience delivering user-centered digital design for multiple, complex digital initiatives from strategy to execution, across multiple channels (web, mobile, social, email, etc.)
- 3-5 years experience in a lead role.
- Design Agency/Consulting Experience
- Highly regulated industries like healthcare, banking and fin-tech
- 5+ years of experience with content design, personalization and its related technologies.3+ years experience as a people manager
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience in building user-centric conversation experiences (Storytelling, chat, voice, or SMS)
Language (Other than English):
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Highly motivated with exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to effectively and competently handle multiple projects simultaneously and the flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes in work objectives, promotions, and available technologies.
- A passion for technology and digital media, including knowledge of evolving best practices, web trends, UX design, and digital marketing best practices
- Extensive design experience, from initial development to ongoing support, information design / content management, interaction design, digital patterns development, Information architecture development, user research,testing and design optimization strategy
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle, from planning to delivery
None Travel Requirement:
0% - 25% PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS Position Type
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Rarely Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies. As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Companys Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employees responsibility to comply with the companys Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice
Req ID: J207090